Want to know the secret to how musicians and movie stars have such perfect teeth? We’ve got your answer! Porcelain veneers are a natural-looking, long-lasting solution to chipped, stained, misshapen, and mildly crooked teeth. Veneers have been used to improve the smiles of Tom Cruise, Miley Cyrus, Morgan Freeman, and Celine Dion. Are you ready to add your name to that list?
Candidates for Veneers
Suitable candidates must have a cosmetic problem (like the ones mentioned above) that can be fixed with veneers. You are also required to have:
- Good overall oral health
- Adequate tooth enamel
- Moderately straight teeth
- Good oral hygiene
Most patients who want porcelain veneers are approved, but your dentist will need to examine your teeth and take x-rays to be positive. If you have unaddressed bruxism, that dental problem will need to be treated before you can have veneers placed.
Before the procedure begins, your dentist will discuss anesthetic and sedation options. Although this procedure is minimally invasive, many patients are more comfortable and relaxed under some type of dental sedation.
To prepare your smile for veneers, your dentist will need to gently remove a small portion of your dental enamel. This helps create a secure bond between your teeth and the veneers.
Once your teeth are prepared, your dentist will take impressions of your smile to send to a dental lab where your veneers will be created. While you wait for these veneers, you may receive temporary veneers to protect your natural teeth.
In about two to four weeks, your new ultra-thin shells will arrive. During this second appointment, your dentist will temporarily place the veneers on your teeth and make any necessary adjustment to the shape, fit, or color. Once they are perfect, the dentist will clean, polish, and etch your teeth to maximize the bond between your tooth and veneer.
Finally, a dental adhesive is used to permanently place each veneer on your teeth, and a special light is used to harden the cement. You will walk out of the dentist’s office with a Hollywood-worthy smile!
Advantages of Dental Veneers
Aside from the obvious visible improvement, dental veneers offer a few other benefits, including:
- A boost of confidence. Not only will you feel better about yourself, other people will view you as more successful, smarter, and more attractive!
- Allowing you to keep more of your natural tooth. While a small portion of your enamel will need to be removed to place your veneers, other procedures, like dental crowns, require even more enamel to be removed. By removing less natural tooth structure, we help keep your natural tooth strong.
- A permanently whiter smile. Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant, so you are much less likely to experience yellow or discolored teeth. However, you should still try to limit your consumption of powerful staining agents, such as coffee, tea, wine, and berries as much as possible.
- No recovery time. Once your veneers are permanently placed, your mouth will need to adjust, but you won’t need any time to recover like you would with dental bridges, crowns, or implant-retained
Transform Your Smile Today
Dental veneers are a simple and quick solution that repairs your imperfect smile. Find a dentist near you today to schedule your initial consultation.
In the Cherry Hill, NJ area, there’s no one better to place your porcelain veneers than Dr. Julie Kardon. Schedule an appointment with our friendly dental team today at 856-667-1001.