SEDATION DENTISTRY IN CHERRY HILL, NJ
Conscious Sedation for Carefree Dental Care
Sedation dentistry is a wonderful alternative for patients who experience high anxiety while visiting the dentist. At TLC Dental Center in Cherry Hill, NJ, Dr. Julie Kardon uses the latest conscious sedation techniques for a pleasant, stress-free, and relaxing dental visit.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry refers to the use of specialized techniques that can help patients enter a relaxed and comfortable state. This treatment option is often used during procedures and treatments that require an extensive amount of time in the dental chair. Sedation is ideal for patients with fears, phobias, or angst about dental visits. It is also beneficial for individuals who may have difficulty controlling their movements during dental procedures.
Are You a Good Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
When it comes to sedation dentistry, your overall health and wellbeing are a top priority. At TLC Dental Center, Dr. Kardon wants you at ease during your dental treatments. She will work with you, ensuring that you remain informed, relaxed, and comfortable. There are specific criteria that would make a patient a viable candidate for sedation dentistry. This option may be right for you if:
- You will be undergoing a lengthy dental procedure
- You have extreme sensitivity to the sights, sounds, and smells of a dental office
- You view dental work as painful or stressful
- Thoughts of a dentist make you fearful and frightened
- You have a medical condition that causes involuntary movement
Understanding Conscious Sedation Dentistry
Dr. Kardon is an experienced Cherry Hill, NJ conscious sedation dentist, utilizing the most innovative methods for her patients.
Conscious sedation dentistry is also known as oral sedation, minimal, or moderate sedation dentistry. This particular form of sedation allows the patient to stay awake, but be very relaxed. Some patients are so relaxed they even nap during the procedure!
Patients who choose conscious sedation dentistry will be instructed to take a prescribed sedative approximately one hour prior to their procedure. If necessary, medication can be provided the night before, as well. Dr. Kardon will thoroughly evaluate your health history, ensuring the best possible regimen for your case.
Benefits of Conscious Sedation Dentistry
During conscious sedation, patients will be able to take directives and answer questions while remaining relaxed. One of the most excellent benefits of oral conscious sedation is that many patients will not even remember their dental treatments. Additional advantages of conscious sedation dentistry include:
- Easy to dispense: Dr. Kardon will prescribe a medication for you, ensuring you are calm and relaxed before your dental treatment. Many believe conscious sedation to be the easiest form because it only requires a patient to swallow a pill or two before the dental appointment.
- No needles: If you have a fear of needles, then conscious sedation may be the perfect choice for you. No injections are necessary to administer this form of sedation.
- Amnesia-like effect: Being forgetful can be disadvantageous, but with conscious sedation, it can be beneficial! With conscious sedation dentistry, you will have little to no memory of your dental procedure. There will be no fear because there will be no memory of it!
- Safety: Conscious sedation dentistry is safe and effective. The FDA regulates all of the prescribed pills you will be asked to take, so the likelihood of you experiencing any side effects is unlikely.
- Patient responsiveness: Although you may be relaxed, Dr. Kardon will still be able to communicate with you.
Sedation Dentistry in Cherry Hill, NJ
If you have tremendous fear and angst about visiting the dentist, contact Dr. Kardon at TLC Dental Center today. We believe that a trip to the dentist should be relaxing and soothing. Sedation dentistry has been incorporated into our practice because our goal is to make quality dental care comfortable and stress-free for everyone. We understand dental phobias can keep you from visiting the dentist, so let us create a warm, relaxing, and welcoming environment for your next dental appointment. Contact us today and learn more.